Lead Mass-notification Technician / Fire Alarm Technician
Managed the startup of a new Mass-Notification section of Koetter Fire Protection. Installed, Maintained and inspected various Fire Alarm systems in central Texas. Assisted the Corpus Christi branch of Koetter Fire Protection with project management and complex system troubleshooting during management turnover. Collaborated with Engineering, Sales, and Programming departments of Koetter Fire Protection to solve layout, system design, estimations, programming and implementation plans for various fire alarm and Mass-Notification projects at Freescale Semiconductors, The University of Texas at Austin, St. Edwards University, The Texas State Capitol Complex, and the Fort Hood Directorate of Public Works, among others.
- Designed, tested, and installed switching and integration hardware and software for Cooper Wheelock RF Based Mass-Notification Systems and Honeywell Notifier Fire Alarm Systems.
- Managed multiple employees and subcontractors during construction on Mass-Notification pilot integration at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Troubleshot inter-building RF problems across UT Austin Campus, including antennae selection and orientation, signal degradation resolution, and external interference resolution.
- Programmed numerous single and multi-node fire alarm systems using boolean logic commands.
- Maintained the fire alarm fiber optic network and panel integration program during renovations at multiple buildings at Freescale Semiconductor.
- Mapped and repaired 40+ node, multi-building fiber optic network across Austin State School campus.
Fire Alarm Technician Resume Objective
A Fire Alarm Technician has the extremely important job of installing, maintaining, programming and repairing fire alarm systems within a home or business. For the safety of others, this job cannot be left up to chance, so you need to use your resume objective to convince a hiring manager that you are skilled and experienced enough to handle this responsibility.
What The Fire Alarm Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Various duties are expected of a Fire Alarm Technician such as ordering replacement parts, mounting control panels or sensors, testing batteries, diagnosing malfunctions, testing the circuitry and providing customers with an estimate of the replacement cost. You need to possess a strong understanding of electrical components so that you can accurately detect problems when they come up. You will also be required to regularly update of electronic equipment so that you can continue to benefit customers. A prospective employer should be able to tell just from reading your objective statement how you would be the best candidate for the job.
Sample Fire Alarm Technician Resume Objectives
All relevant skills, experiences and accomplishments should be included in the resume objective. You will also need to include the name of the organization you are applying for to show your sincere interest in working with them.
1. Utilize knowledge of electronic equipment and computer software for the benefit of ABC company as a Fire Alarm Technician.
2. Results-oriented individual with 10+ years of experience in designing, installing and repairing a number of different fire alarm systems looking for a Fire Alarm Technician position at ABC company.
3. Seeking a Fire Alarm Technician position with ABC company to apply past experiences with diagnosing electrical issues and estimating costs of labor.
4. Searching for a position at ABC company to use strengths involving communication and reliability as a Fire Alarm Technician.
5. Obtain employment as a Fire Alarm Technician at ABC company to utilize background in responding to customers’ technical questions and installing new fire alarm systems.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.