Our program is very competitive with limited admissions each fall. You may apply between July 1 - October 15 for the next academic year. Please review all of the admission requirements to prepare yourself for success.
Admission Application Required Documents
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution by matriculation
- Completed Graduate School application
Needed at the Time of Application
- A minimum 3.20 GPA in last the 60 semester hours of undergraduate courses
- Completion of at least 80 percent of prerequisite coursework with a minimum 3.2 GPA for pre-requisite courses
- At least 50 hours of observed/volunteer/paid physical therapy work over the last four years in at least two different settings
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores, if required
- Professional essays
- Three letters of reference
Submit your application to the Graduate School including:
- Your three references (excluding relatives and close friends):
- A physical therapist
- An academic or work source
- A source of your choice – person with whom you have a professional relationship
- Three professional essays that address the following topics:
- The American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) vision statement for the physical therapy profession is "transforming society by optimizing movement to improve the human experience". What will this statement mean to you as a physical therapy student, and how will you uphold this vision as a future physical therapist?
- The NIU Doctor of Physical Therapy program is dedicated to providing a dynamic educational experience that expands the understanding of different cultures and identities with respect to the rich and diverse cultures represented within the program. We strive to create an environment that celebrates diversity in order to prepare students for a global workforce and to enrich the lives of all who live, study, and work here. Diversity is defined as the collective richness of traits, characteristics, experiences, and skills. We are seeking a diverse incoming cohort of student physical therapists who can contribute to the educational environment and the capacity of our DPT graduates to serve a diverse patient population. Please comment on the diverse traits and experiences you will bring to our DPT cohort and the patients we serve.
- Describe how significant activities or achievements relate to your future goal of becoming a physical therapist.
- A file containing your completed Documentation of Hours form(s) signed by a physical therapist
- Official transcripts and proof of degree
- All test scores directly from each testing agency
Visit the NIU Graduate School website for further information on submission of your online application.
For more information on the admissions requirements view our frequently asked questions.
У Бринкерхоффа подогнулись колени. Он не мог понять, почему Мидж всегда права. Он не заметил отражения, мелькнувшего за оконным стеклом рядом с .